September 19, 2017 | 7:30 am to 9:00 am
BMW Zentrum | 1400 Hwy 101 S., Greer SC
Click here for the event photo gallery
On Tuesday, September 19th 130 neighbors joined together for breakfast and a discussion about Greer Relief. The event started in the BMW Zentrum museum with networking and breakfast. On display were Service Pit Stops showcasing: Volunteering, Safety Net, & RENEW. Guests were invited to check in with each station to learn more about the programs at Greer Relief. The program was presented in the BMW Zentrum Auditorium.
The program opened with a welcome from Walter N. Bennett, III, Greer Relief Board President:
- To say “thank you.”
- To tell you more about Greer Relief
- Thank you to Engenius and the City of Greer for continuing to support Greer Relief, and a special thank you to our friends at BMW for hosting the Neighborhood Breakfast this year. Please let them know their support is appreciated.
The invocation was given by Dr. Gene Fant, Jr., President of North Greenville University.
Greer Relief by the numbers was presented by Caroline Robertson, Executive Director:
- Greer Relief was founded in 1936.
- Already as of today (9/19/2017) Greer Relief has assisted 2603 neighbors in 1045 homes.
- Greer Relief has 3 programs in our tool box: RENEW, Safety Net & One Stop Resources.
- From January – April 15th Greer Relief staff & volunteers provide FREE tax preparation through VITA: the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. In 2017 we brought in $329,775 for 200 families.
- In the last 10 years Greer Relief has prevented homelessness by providing direct financial assistance of rent, mortgage, and utilities to 5860 homes for a total of $1,016,292.
- So far THIS year (9/19/2017) our food pantry has fed 2,831 of our neighbors with 10+ days of food.
- The impact of Greer Relief is evident, last year (2016) we assisted 3973 neighbors in 1551 homes with one-stop resources, safety net, and RENEW programs.
- Our neighbors need your help, hope, happiness, they need YOU. Please keep the mission of Greer Relief in your prayers, as we continue to serve the community in need.
A Neighbor Testimonial Video was presented “Misty, A Story of Strength” Misty joined us for a quick thank you.
- Greer Memorial Hospital: $5,000 donation
- CresCom Bank Foundation: $5,000 donation
A Special Thank you to a few of our top donors from this past year. These donors provided funds that were undesignated an so provided us the ability to use the funds when & where needed.
- Enhanced Living Chiropractic Total $8,500
- Greer First Presbyterian Total $5,285
How YOU can help was presented by Mark Owens, President & CEO of the Greater Greer Chamber of Commerce closed out the event, saying “Something I think that is special about our community in Greer is that we care about each other. Neighbors do matter…Lets all be brave in our giving…THIS is helping families break the cycle.”
Thank you to all attendees and friends of Greer Relief!