- This event has passed.
RENEW: Muffins and Myths – Debunking Common Myths About Hospice Care
February 13 @ 10:15 am - 11:15 amFREE
Jaime from Wren Hospice will be here (with muffins!) to debunk common myths about hospice care.
Myth: Hospice care is only for cancer patients.
Myth: Hospice is just for the elderly.
Myth: Hospice is just for the patient.
Myth: The patient cannot keep their own doctor.
Myth: Hospice care may only be provided in the patient’s home.
Myth: Hospice care is expensive.
Myth: A referral means the referring doctor is saying the patient will fie in 6 months.
Jaime will be debunking all of these myths in this class!
If you’d like more information on end of life care, please sign up to attend our End of Life Law Talk on February 20th from 6-7pm at Grace Church. We will be posting the event page shortly. Sign up here.
About Wren Hospice:
At Wren Hospice we believe that care should be patient-centered. We believe that hospice is a gift and we work around the clock to provide compassionate and attentive care to every person touched by our program.
- Our patients and the families of our patients always come first.
- Admission can happen within two hours of the doctor’s order, receipt of required paperwork and with patient/family consent.
- Wren Hospice does not require that our patients sign a DNR. We always honor patient choice.
- Our nurses are on call and always available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- We always communicate with the physician and family regarding the patient’s progress of care in the manner they choose.
- We provide our families with Respite Care services so that they can go on vacations or simply take time to recharge.
- Our Medical/Director Nurse Practitioner visits patients wherever they live- Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Senior Housing, home, etc.
- As part of hospice care our patients can receive Registered Nursing services, Certified Nursing Assistant services, Social Work services, Spiritual Care Services, needed medical equipment, and supplies at no cost.
- Our services are covered 100% by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans.
- We always believe in family empowerment through education.
- Our Medical Director or Nurse Practitioner assesses each new patient at admission and validates continued hospice services are needed at each recertification period. In addition, our Nurse Practitioner makes visits to see patients when a medical need arises.
- Bereavement is provided for the surviving family members for no less than 13 months after the patients’ passing.
- One ticket per person, duplicate tickets will be refunded.
- If signing up for multiple people, use their name and email to sign up.
- Please be early. There are no late check-ins.
- The class is for adults only, childcare is not provided.
- Must attend in person and be present for the entirety of each class to earn RENEW Rewards.
- RENEW Rewards: $10 per hour
About RENEW (Reaching Every Neighbor Every Way): RENEW is an education, enrichment, and life skills program designed to improve the quality of life and well-being of the greater Greer community. We welcome any and all individuals who are passionate about learning and developing skills that will set them on a path of healthy living.