- This event has passed.
RENEW: Outdoor Fun for Everyone!
January 12 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFREE
Learn about hiking and how to enjoy the great outdoors regardless of your age, race, size, physical ability, etc.
“There are many mental wellness benefits associated with being outside in green spaces, such as lower risk of depression and faster psychological stress recovery. Studies have shown that being in nature can restore and strengthen our mental capacities, increasing focus and attention.”
This class will be focused on the basics of hiking (and how it doesn’t have to cost much if anything), free and low-cost outdoor activities, especially SC State Parks and tools and resources for hiking/outdoor activities.
- One ticket per person, duplicate tickets will be refunded.
- If signing up for multiple people, use their name and email to sign up.
- Please be early. There are no late check-ins.
- The class is for adults only, childcare is not provided.
- Must attend in person and be present for the entirety of each class to earn RENEW Rewards.
- RENEW Rewards: $20
About RENEW (Reaching Every Neighbor Every Way): RENEW is an education, enrichment, and life skills program designed to improve the quality of life and well-being of the greater Greer community. We welcome any and all individuals who are passionate about learning and developing skills that will set them on a path of healthy living.