All donors will receive $60 in e-Gift cards as a thank you for their donation. The $10 eGift card is available in donor accounts right after they donate. The bonus points will be available in 2 business days.
For each blood donation Greer Relief will receive a $10 donation from TBC.
Our neighbors who participate in the RENEW program will also get $20 in RENEW rewards for donating.
To learn more about the donation process, click here.
Why Does Donating Blood Matter?
– There is no substitute for blood.
– Every two seconds someone needs blood, with approximately 41,000 units of blood used each day in the United States.
– Only three percent of the U.S. population gives blood.
– Blood is needed for a wide variety of patients including those with acute injuries and conditions from a car accident or a bleeding pregnant mother and those with chronic conditions/diseases such as cancer or sickle cell anemia.
– The average age of the current blood donor base is increasing at an alarming rate.
– Currently, about 60 percent of blood donations are made by people over 40 years old, and of these, 75 percent come from people over the age of 50.
– Blood donors under the age of 30 donate less than half as frequently as older donors. In fact, many donors under the age of 22 only donate once a year (compared to an average of 2.6 times annually for donors over the age of 35).
– Young blood donors are needed to establish the foundation of the future donor pool.
– Blood donors are especially needed from communities of color to meet the transfusion needs of an increasingly diverse population in the U.S.
– The need for blood is constant. Red blood cells must be transfused within 42 days of collection; platelets have an even shorter shelf life of five to seven days.
– Maintaining and increasing this percentage is essential to satisfy not only our current needs but also to create a strong base of younger donors.
202 Victoria Street
Greer SC 29652-1303
PO Box 1303
Greer SC 29652
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 11:00am
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 1:30pm – 4pm