Do you know how blessed we are to live in such a wonderful, giving community? We called and you answered. We are only able to do what we do because of YOUR support. Every can of food, every clothing item, every dollar you donate, every hour you volunteer, and every sponsorship you give goes to help those in need in some way. I wanted to start the year by sharing a thank you from a neighbor…
“Thank you, Holidays are very special to everybody, people come together, and celebrate the best things in life: love, happiness, and giving…May God bless you all and have a wonderful New Year.”
Greer Relief by the numbers:
- Total Assistance*: 4,355 people, 1,689 households
- Household Return Rate*: 32% have received assistance in the last 3 years
- Average served per week: 83 households
- Average served per day: 17 households
- Case Management: 1,649 hours. Intake & Case Management are included with all assistance. The Intake Coordinator helps every applicant with the assistance process, and gives referrals based on the households needs. The Case Manager interviews every applicant for financial assistance in order to best assist them based on the needs of their household.
- Hunger Prevention Assistance: given 10+ days of food: 4,362 people in 1,689 household
- Christmas Adopt-A-Family Program*: 371 people, 120 households – The purpose is to provide new presents under the tree, thus relieving families of the pressure to spend money they do not have. Since 2010 this 20+ year program has been a collaborative effort with Greer Community Ministries in order to avoid duplication of services.
- Volunteers: An average of 66 volunteers per month volunteered a total of 4,667 hours. Our volunteers are vital to all of our programs and services. Volunteers help pick up donations, help applicants complete applications, fill food bags based on the dietary needs of the household, and help plan and execute all special events.
- Direct Service Value: OVER $600,000 including intake / case management service hours value
*unduplicated people / households
Here’s to a new year filled with continued blessings for a bright future for all.
Sincerely in service,
Caroline T. Robertson